Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm Drifting Off to Dreamland!

I'm so excited that my friend, Alison, had her baby girl, Ava, yesterday. My friends and I are so thrilled to be aunties again to a precious bundle of love. I'm looking forward to going to the hospital today and cuddling a newborn! And congratulating Alison and Kevin, of course!  ;)

To welcome Baby Ava to the world, I created a card ensemble for Alison's baby shower. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out!


I'm Drifting Back to Dreamland!
Here's the handcrafted card with a bunny in a hot air balloon with a swan basket that I designed. 
The background collage was made from my stash of vintage sheet music and ledger, a variety of scrapbooking papers, and vintage buttons from Tinsel Trading Co. I used a technique that I saw in artist Cori Dantini's work to add white paint behind the main object to make it stand out. The swan is decked out in vintage German Glass Glitter from Wendy Addison's collection and the balloon sports a flag with Ava's name on it.




Welcome to the World Little One! 
Next, I created a theater envelope to slide the card into. 




Here's the back of the theater envelope.




This is the inside of the card




I made an envelope with string and embellished it with vintage
 buttons and silk flowers and paper I die cut with my Cricut
 and Slice tools.



This is the front of the envelope with additional 
embellishments made from vintage silk flowers 
and sheet music, die cuts and ribbon.



I made a pin to attach to the front of the gift, using 
more vintage flowers, die cuts and ribbon.



Hello Little Baby! 
Add in a banner with a Letterpress-esque
 font, a sewn edge and ribbon to match



I created this super easy pinwheel (tutorial on making handmade pinwheels later this week!). My husband, Phil, is super patient and teaching me some tricks in Photoshop. I photoshopped the checkerboard pattern and made it pink! The handle of the pinwheel is made from a chopstick! 
Easy Peasy, one two threesy!



I made some bows to match following the instructions in my 
fave new book about altered book art  "Playing with Books".



And, Voila!  A super cute, handcrafted card and gift wrap!

Now it's time to go visit Ava, Alison and Kevin!  Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment