Friday, October 15, 2010

Altered Book: Murder in the Rosegarden

I've been wanting a Dremel rotary tool for years and my sweet husband got me one for my birthday this year!  The first project I tried was to drill some holes into Dominoes so I can make some scary necklaces for Halloween. I'll post those as soon as I get some finished!

The next project I tried was to alter a book that I had, "Murder in the Rosegarden". Inspired by all of the projects in Playing with Books by Jason Thompson, I wanted to alter my own book and create some sculptural art. The Dremel works ok, but I'll have to figure out how to avoid burning the pages while I'm cutting them out. The studio still smells like burned paper, hours later!

The more I look at this the more it looks like the outline of Sasquatch. Oh well, back to the drawing board!  lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment