Monday, January 11, 2010

Look, Mom, I'm Blogging!

So, I joined a quilting swap, the Modern Siggy Swap, thanks to Rachel Griffith, quilter extraordinaire. And I noticed that almost all of the other quilters participating in the swap had a blog. Feeling left out, (I am a middle child, after all!), I realized I need a blog! And here it is, in all of its newborn glory.

To start off with, I'll tell you a little bit about the Modern Siggy Swap. As I said, it is thanks to Rachel Griffith, and I can't wait to get started. We have a total of 100 quilters (I can't say ladies, because I'm quite sure I've seen a couple guys who signed up) and we are all going to make 101 blocks out of beautiful, yummy modern fabrics and we'll finish them off with our signature. Then, we ship the blocks to Rachel and she'll send us back 100 blocks to make into a quilt. She is going to make a charity quilt with the extra blocks and bless it to a worthy cause.


I'll be looking for fabric from these designers:
Kate Spain, Heather Bailey, Anna Maria Horner, Tula Pink, Amy Butler, Lila Tueller, Joel Dewberry, Paula Prass, Patty Young, Denyse Schmidt, Sandi Henderson, Erin Mcmorris, Tina Givens, Basic Grey, Momo, & Chez Moi. I especially love anything from Tula Pink, hello whimsy! If you have a favorite online fabric store that you use, let me know! I've recently been to three different fabric stores and their selection of Moda fabrics was...um...not very imaginative.


The blocks are due by March 1, so I better get going. I've got a lot to do:
  1. Figure out how to put a button on my blog
  2. Find an online fabric store with really yummy and colorful modern fabric
  3. Figure out how much fabric I need (I'm new to quilting, this could take a while!)
  4. Learn how to make a lot of blocks with straight seams!

Now, I've gotta go, it's time to shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment