Thursday, January 27, 2011

Be You, Be Loved

Whimsical, dreamy, imaginative, ethereal, luscious. This is just a sprinkling of words to describe the new bridal concept from the Anthropologie creative team. I received an email today announcing the "unveiling" of BHLDN on Valentine's Day and I'm all aflutter!  Beholden. How charming and enchanting is that?  The online boutique "will bring together a curated collection of heirloom quality wedding gowns, bridesmaid frocks, party dresses, assorted jewelry, headpieces, footwear, and lingerie."





The accessories will be "vintage-inspired, but decidedly modern. Artisans, ateliers, and milliners including James Coviello, Jennifer Behr, and Yestadt Millinery craft feathers, tulle, and jewels into luxe headpieces.  And jewelry designers like Erickson Beamon, Katie Diamond, and Petra Domling offer baubles, from delicate to bold." 

Wait, did you just say milliners?  Feathers?  Tulle, baubles and jewels?  Luxe headpieces!!!  I think I need to have another wedding just so I can delight in the details that BHLDN is so effervescently offering!

The gowns are described as being "tailored and voluminous, soft and draped, embroidered and embellished, complete with refinements like built-in boning and corsets" with prices ranging from $1000 to $4000 for gowns, and $200 to $600 for event dresses.

The online boutique offers a divine peek-a-boo tease with beautifully photographed gowns, adorable shoes and delicate, sparkly jewels. There is an option to sign up for the email list if you want to learn more about the BHLDN boutique.

BHLDN is planning on opening the first store towards the end of this year and I'm wondering where it will be?  Anthropologie infuses me with inspiration each and every time I wander around their store or peruse their online catalog. Combine that style and aesthetic with bridal and the result will be heavenly!



Once I clicked through to the online boutique, I was at once captivated by the magical, precious music playing sweetly in the background. I'm a slave to music that sounds like a music box and this song, "What Are We Waiting For?" from a band named Amiina, from Iceland, promises twirling, sparkles, and whispered secrets. Using violins, synth and glockenspiel, this song is dreamy, feeds my soul and is so amazingly beautiful it makes me want to cry. 


Amiina

Just pick up your shoes and go. I'm inspired by this song. It's like the tag line, "Just Do It", from Nike, but more feminine. What are we waiting for?















No comments:

Post a Comment